Another regular client asked me to visit to sort out the following:
- Desktop icons were stretched out – solved
- Laptop running slowly – stopped some programs from running in the background, and advised on a RAM upgrade
- Hotmail permanently logged in – set it to log out each time so visitors can’t get to email easily
- Favourites missing – reinstated the favourites and the favourites bar
- Throw out old cables – advised on what should be kept and what should be recycled following old desktop PC decommissioning.
I could have done all of this via remote support (over the internet) except for sorting out her cables.