On this page, you can find out what’s included in my fixed price ‘servicing and tune-up’ packages. Depending on the service you require, it can be done via remote support, on-site at your home or premises, or return-to-base at my office with free pick-up and drop-off to and from your home or premises.
One of the most common complaints I hear is that the computer is so slow; slow to boot, slow to open apps and run software, and slow internet. Over the years computers get clogged up with files and software that just slows things down. Often, software and apps that claim to tune up your computer make things worse by running in the background and even interrupting you with ads for their paid software.
The best solution is to have an experienced (human) IT Technician look at the computer personally and conduct a personalised tune-up. The computer will be faster, more responsive, and maybe safer to use. It will extend the life of your computer, and save you time and hassle. Call now and treat yourself, and your computer, to one of the following services.
- Hard disk health check and check for adequate free space
- Remove temporary files that take up space and slow down security scans
- Ensure Antivirus software is active and current
- Remove toolbars and add-ons that slow down internet browsing
- Decrease start-up time
- Final optimisation to increase computer speed
Standard Service and Tune-up
- All the items above (the Express Tune-up), plus the following:
- Remove unwanted or unused software
- Run antivirus software to make sure there are no viruses
- Check that the Windows Update feature is working correctly to help ensure ongoing security
Premium Service and Tune-up
- All the items above (the Express Tune-up plus the Standard Service and tune-up), plus the following:
- Remove dust from inside PC case (clean the vents on laptops)
- Hard disk health check and and testing (typical duration, 12 hours)