Just a random selection of recent jobs I’ve completed for customers.
- New HP Laptop and printer set-up
- Windows not booting after using system restore to attempt a fix, and printer problems – fixed. Set up email on Android phone, and set mobile broadband data use warning and limit
- Same-day-service for business customer to fix “no internet” problem. Also installed and set up Dropbox, and set up and run their first backup
- Windows Login problem solved, Windows Updates completed, Antivirus installation
- Non-starting Windows PC problem solved, advice on Windows Updates, and advice and tuition on Kindle Fire Tablet
- Failing hard disk on a laptop. Backed up data, replaced hard disk with SSD (Solid State Disk), installed Windows 10, restored data
- Windows XP won’t shutdown. I know, Windows XP! Retro! Also, fixed line, wired phone sometimes can’t dial out.
- New printer installed and set up so customer can print from PC, iPad, iPod and Android phones. General PC tune-up highlighted Windows Updates were failing (now fixed), and a security checkup (Norton auto renewal).
- Lenovo Ideapad set-up, Norton installation and activation, Gmail account creation.
- iPad locked during update and couldn’t access iTunes server on Windows Vista, solved by using another computer and resetting the iPad and installing updates.
- Computer infected with viruses and malware due to Norton not working – disinfected and fixed Norton, updated Windows, tested emails. Installed ad blocker on another PC. Advice on tablets and phones.
If there’s anything I can help you with please contact me on the numbers top-right of this page or by using the Contact form by clicking here.
Thanks for reading.
This topic only gets occasional updates. Not every job I do is included here, but here are some of the recent things I’ve been working on.
Windows Updates. Lots of Windows Update problems. Lots! Windows 7 takes ages to search for updates, and often fails. Windows 8 and 8.1, and Windows 10 often have problems too. There doesn’t seem to be one fix that fixes all problems. If you need your Windows Updates looked at then please let me know. I have a way of doing Updates without having to use the “Check for Updates” feature that can often resolve the issue.
I recently did remote support to help a customer set up a YouTube account, a YouTube Chanel, and upload her first video.
Phone support for a “laptop won’t turn on”.
Phone support for a browser locked by a fake virus warning.
Telephone support for another browser locked with a fake warning, and the screen was turned sideways.
If you don’t want Windows 10
installed automatically on Tuesday 9th February (or shortly after) then you need to take action now. I have this from two very reliable sources.
*This applies to Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. If you have these versions then Microsoft will “upgrade” you to Windows 10 as part of Windows Automatic Updates starting this Tuesday 9th February.
Some software (programs and apps) and hardware (printers and other things you plug in to your computer) will not work with Windows 10.
I can block this unwanted upgrade and turn off all the annoying popups about the upgrade.
I expect to be busy with this fix. I may not be able to reply to emails until after the deadline.
So, if you don’t want Windows 10 then phone me as soon as possible and leave a message if I am not available so I can get back to you.
No need to wait until pay day!
I am now able to accept credit cards, debit cards and PayPal payments. I can also accept bank transfers (in advance), and cash and cheques for face-to-face support.
Call now for fast, convenient tech support, or download the remote support app for Windows and Mac and install/run it, then click “Start Session” for immediate support if I’m online. If I’m not online, you can leave me a message to connect or contact you.