I love it when this happens. A regular client called to find out where the best place is to fix her iPad which had a black screen but still made a sound when plugged in to charge. She was expecting me to send her to Apple or a local screen replacement centre, but I found a fix for her that worked when she tried it. Five minutes, and another very happy client.
Computer tuition and iPad tuition
I recently spent a couple of hours with a new ‘subscription’ client explaining how to do the following:
- Move photos from a digital camera memory card into the pictures folder on the computer
- Move photos from an iPad to the pictures folder on the computer (not via iTunes, but using a similar method to moving photos from a memory card)
- Uploading photos to Facebook, and changing the Facebook profile picture
- Printing a full-page A4 photo from an iPad (rather than 6×4)
- Printing photos from the PC, full page, and multiple photos per page